The benefits of Bariatric Surgery extend far beyond just weight loss.
- Most of the comorbidities associated with obesity, and particularly Diabetes, Hypertension, Sleep apnoea, Asthma and painful joints will be either completely resolved or significantly improved with weight loss.
- In many cases the need for Joint replacement surgery can be avoided or forestalled.
- Patients on CPAP machines are usually able to discontinue their CPAP within 3-6 months of Surgery.
- Fertility and Libido is also significantly improved after weight loss. Something to think about in the first few months after surgery as we would recommend not falling pregnant within the first 6 months after surgery!
- Psoriasis which is more common in the obese dramatically improves with weight loss.
- Depression and social anxiety improves with weight loss.
- Most patients also experience an improvement in their feeling of self worth and confidence as well as improved energy particularly as their sleep apnoea resolves.
- There is also now strong evidence that Obesity Surgery extends life compared to best conservative management and also improves the quality of life.
The key however is early intervention because the longer that a comorbidity has been damaging your health the harder it may be to reverse.
Mercy Bariatrics Perth
Located in Mt Lawley Perth, we offer a complete approach to weight loss surgery with assessment, surgery, diet, exercise and support groups.
Find out more about Bariatric Surgery
Watch our videos
Back to Home page
Call 08 9272 0420