Mercy Bariatrics is a leading specialist provider of Obesity Surgery in Perth Western Australia.
It combines a multidisciplinary unit for the assessment, provision and followup of weight loss surgery patients.
Bariatric Surgery is a life-changing and sometimes life-saving decision.
Mercy Bariatrics Practice Strategies for the Covid -19 Crisis:
- We follow guidelines of best practice from WA Dept of Health and Our Hospital’s infection control policies.
- Our rooms are now open Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
- For patients outside of Perth, we offer Telehealth consultations for all our practitioners via Skype or Microsoft Team
- Please call rooms on 9272 0420 to coordinate your telehealth consultation which will be charged at usual rates.
- For the time being Our “Success Habits post operative training module” will be offered as an online course.
- Please notify us before attending if you are unwell with cold symptoms or if you have had recent contact with a confirmed Covid-19 case.
Update Covid-19 Practice restrictions 1500 hrs 18/05/2020
- Hospitals have now given the green light for commencement of bariatric surgery although only at 50% capacity.
- Some scheduled lists therefore cannot go ahead and we are having to prioritise patients.
- This means that we may have to continue to change some patients expected dates.
- This situation will be reviewed in 2 weeks
- We thankyou for your patience and will find a suitable list for you.
- In the meantime we continue to assess and review patients at our rooms face to face or by telehealth.
Update Covid-19 Practice restrictions 1300 hrs 15/05/2020
- The National Cabinet announced today that they have given the green light to the State Health Authorities to reopen Unrestricted Elective Surgery.
- Each State will make its own decisions around the timing , and scope of this recommencement based on local factors.
- The WA State Health Dept is scheduled to meet on Monday 18th of June and an announcement is anticipated from this, but in fact they may announce before this.
- We have requested all our participating hospitals to make available all our usual scheduled list from week beginning 18th May.
- We will contact all Patients for these lists to confirm that they will go ahead as soon as we know.
- There may be some logistic delays eg requirement to pretest for Covid
- A huge thanks to all our patients for their Trust and understanding. But we must all remain vigilant careful and safe!
Mercy Bariatrics Team.