Mercy Bariatrics is a leading specialist provider of Obesity Surgery in Perth Western Australia.
It combines a multidisciplinary unit for the assessment, provision and followup of weight loss surgery patients.
Bariatric Surgery is a life-changing and sometimes life-saving decision.
Mercy Bariatrics Practice Strategies for the Covid -19 Crisis:
- Mercy Bariatrics is adapting to the demands of the Covid-19 Crisis.
- We will follow guidelines of best practice from WA Dept of Health and Our Hospital’s infection control policies.
- We are now able to offer Telehealth consultations for all our practitioners Via Skype or Microsoft Team
- Please call rooms on 9272 0420 to coordinate your telehealth consultation which will be charged at usual rates.
- Some consultations however will need to be conducted face to face and additional precautions will be taken for these.
- For the time being Our “Success Habits post operative training module” will be offered as an online course.
- Because of reduced activity the rooms may be closed for several days in April.
- We will continue to monitor and respond to emails and voicemail messages at these times. (email@example.com)
- Please notify us before attending if you are unwell with cold symptoms or if you have had recent contact with a confirmed Covid-19 case.
Update Covid 19 Practice restrictions 1000 hrs 31/03/2020
- As of 23/03/2020 SJOGML have limited all elective surgeries to emergencies only which effectively excludes Bariatrics
- As of 28/03/2020 Mount hospital have limited all elective surgeries to emergencies only which effectively excludes Bariatrics
- The competition was fierce but we managed to get most cases booked for March completed by this deadline.
- Our rooms will remain open during this crisis but for limited days.
- We have transitioned most of our consults to Telehealth using skype
- We will continue to monitor and respond promptly to urgent Voicemail and faxs and emails during this time including after hours.
- Patients with urgent problems such as infections, Gallstone pain and vomiting can still be admitted and managed if required.
- Please continue to attend for your followups the majority of which we will conduct by Telehealth ( eg skype).
The situation is changing rapidly and further updates will be published here.
Stay safe and stay well and 1.5m.
Mercy Bariatrics team