Over the last 10 years Mercy bariatrics has conducted a number of clinical trials and research projects.
- Gastric Volume assessment by rice-cream test meal.
- Drinking capacity trial post sleeve 36fr vs 40 Fr.
- Quality of eating analysis LAGB vs Sleeve.
- Megadose IM Vit D for BPD patients.
- Retinopathy improvement following weight loss.
You may be approached to participate in one of our ongoing trials and patients pooled (de-identified) data is contributing to our understanding of bariatric surgery.
- Revision of failed vertical banded gastroplasty to non-resectional Scopinaro biliopancreatic diversion: early experience. Tulsi Menon, Sehli Quaddus, Leon Cohen Obesity Surgery (2006) Volume: 16, Issue: 11, Pages: 1420-1424. Link: Revision-VBG-to-PDF-Cohen-etal
- Improved Obesity Reduction and Co-morbidity Resolution in Patients Treated with 40-French Bougie Versus 50-French Bougie Four Years after Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy. Analysis of 294 Patients. Obesity Surgery Jan 2012. Atkins ER, Preen DB, Jarman C, Cohen LD. Link: French Bougie after Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Effect of a single ‘megadose’ intramuscular vitamin D (600,000 IU) injection on vitamin D concentrations and bone mineral density following biliopancreatic diversion surgery. Einarsdóttir K, Preen DB, Clay TD, Kiely L, Holman CD, Cohen LD. Link: Megadose-Vit-D-Paper-June-2010